Our History

 

Local businessman, Albert Capaldo opened the Glynde Variety Hardware store in 1953, selling irrigation supplies to local market gardeners.  In 1985, Glynde Variety Hardware joined the Mitre 10 group, changing its name to Glynde Mitre 10.

8 years later, following the success of the outdoor section within the main hardware store, Outdoor Living & Leisure was opened.  In 1997, Glynde Mitre 10 became the first Home & Trade store in South Australia, changing its name to Glynde Mitre 10 Home & Trade.

In 2004, the store was renamed Glynde Mitre 10 Solutions following a major renovation to update the format, which included a new store fit out with new racking, store layout and exterior paint job.  Work began on increasing the size of the Garden Centre and extending the car park along Montacute Road in 2006.

Today, Glynde Mitre 10 continues the tradition of offering our valued customers a great range of products at unbeatable prices with exceptional service.